Managed to complete this kit over the weekend.
This will be my 2nd freehand attempt. The motif on the shield took the better half of the afternoon. After 3 attempts of doodling on the shield with a soft pencil, i managed to sketch out the design I found on the Internet.
There on it was just filling in the colors.
The groundwork was quick as the figure came with a nicely done up resin base with rocks and a fallen log. All i needed to do was to add in the shrubs and ground litter. A reddish shrub was thrown in to give the groundwork some height and "bridge" the colors between the figure and the groundwork.
This would be my first completed 75mm kit. Enjoyed the process thoroughly as the size allowed me to quickly move onto another part of the figure. Also the genre was refreshing and different from the modern military figures i paint.